Help build our future workforce
JA INSPIRE Speakers 2020
This year’s event will feature local leaders and entrepreneurs from a range of businesses across Western Massachusetts, including law, manufacturing, food, banking, education and others. Click the Career Snapshots below to learn more.
JA Inspire Virtual Career Fair is an event where students learn about a range of career options across multiple career clusters. Volunteers share information about their businesses and/or jobs and apply what they learn to their own career planning.
Student objectives will vary based on grade level. Generally, students will:
- Observe career speakers.
- Identify the variety of careers people have in the community.
- Express how jobs require specific interests and skills.
- Relate the impact of personal interests and abilities on career choices.
- Investigate a variety of careers and the skills, education preparation, training, and personal qualities needed for those careers.
- Examine how school skills apply to career paths.
- Explain the importance of staying in school and graduating from high school.
For businesses, higher education, and apprenticeship programs, this is an opportunity to participate in building Western Massachusetts’ future workforce.
JA INSPIRE Curriculum
JA INSPIRE consists of four in-class lessons—three prior to the Career Exploration Fair and one reflection activity afterward.
Session 1: Careers and Personality
Session 2: Industry Research
Session 3: Do You Have the Skills?
JA INSPIRE Career Exploration Fair
The career fair showcases opportunities at local businesses, nonprofits, government agencies and educational organizations. Exhibits include interactive career stations with mentors who share their career advice with students and engage them with equipment, technology and the opportunity to “step into the shoes” of employees from all industries.
Exhibitors include colleges, universities, trade schools, apprenticeship programs, companies, local law enforcement and public safety organizations from throughout Western Massachusetts.
Session 4: Reflection
Students reflect on the JA INSPIRE Career Exploration Fair and activities throughout the program.