Business & Entrepreneurial Exploration Summer Program
Would you like to see your child benefit from personal growth, interaction with others, socialization, and creativity?
- Junior Achievement of Western MA’s BEE Summer Program focuses on positive youth development with both short and long term goals for your child.
- Want to learn more? Join us at your convenience during schools’ April 18th—April 21st break. Contact Abigail Ames to make your appointment today!
“Junior Achievement taught me leadership and responsibility and that you always have to consider everything – like your future – when you make decisions as a high school student.” -JA alumna
JAWM BEE Program
What: Junior Achievement of Western MA Business Entrepreneur Exploration (BEE) summer program emphasizes the importance of staying in school, while introducing economic concepts and information about the world of work, financial literacy, and entrepreneurship. BEE combines our most popular events, such as the Stock Market Challenge and Company Program, while using STEM—science, technology, engineering, and math—programs to ensure students have fun while learning. The program strives to help students develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to become productive citizens and workers.
Who: Students from grades 6 – 12.
When: July 10th – August 11th 9am – 3pm
Where: UMASS Springfield Center, 1500 Main St, Springfield, MA 01103.
- Cost – $210 weekly (includes breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack)
- Discount for Springfield Public Schools
- Discount for siblings
- Registration Dead Line: June 10th
- Registration Deposit: $50
Benefits to the Summer Program
- Low Student-Teacher Ratio 7.5:1
- Nurse On-Site
- Safe & Supportive Environment
- Improve Self Confidence
- Learn to Work with Others
- Problem Solving Skills
- Experience New Challenges
Typical Day at JA BEE
|9:30-10:00||JA Business Ethics|
|10:00-11:30||JA Stock Market Presentation|
|JA Stock Market Practice|
|Includes Morning Break|
|11:30-12:00||Lunch or Afternoon Motivation|
|12:00-12:30||Lunch or Afternoon Motivation|
|12:30-1:00||JA Company Program Presentation|
|1:00-1:30||JA Company Program Team Meetings|
|1:30-2:00||Technology or STEM Project|
|2:15-3:00||JA It’s My Future|
Special Events for the Summer Program
- Stock Market Challenge
- JA Company Program
- STEM Projects
- JA Be Entrepreneurial
- JA It’s My Future
- JA Titan
- JA Career Success
- Teen Reality Fair
- Field Trips
- & much more!
Sponsor a Student at BEE
Why Sponsor Youth at BEE? —$210/week
Weekly Sponsor (1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 week sponsor)
· Inspire youth to believe in themselves
· Emphasize the importance of learning while having fun
· Allow student(s) to have a safe, happy, and positive summer
· Help kick-start JAWM’s first summer program
· Meet JAWM’s goal to increase our impact on youth