Virtual Career Expo
Help build our future workforce
October 13, 2021
2020 Featured Speakers
Sponsored by Santander Bank
Find Your Career Path
Career in Project Management
Tech Careers Support Desk
Groove Made Design Goods
Developing a Career Plan
Why Career Planning is Important
Tech Careers Information Security
Careers in Hospitality
Shwood Fashion Eyewear
A-Dec Dental Products
Code It: Programming
Cozy.co Tech Startup
Certified Public Accountants (CPA)
JA Virtual Career Expo is an event where students learn about a range of career options across multiple career clusters. Volunteers share information about their businesses and/or jobs and apply what they learn to their own career planning.
Student objectives will vary based on grade level. Generally, students will:
- Observe career speakers.
- Identify the variety of careers people have in the community.
- Express how jobs require specific interests and skills.
- Relate the impact of personal interests and abilities on career choices.
- Investigate a variety of careers and the skills, education preparation, training, and personal qualities needed for those careers.
- Examine how school skills apply to career paths.
- Explain the importance of staying in school and graduating from high school.
JA virtual career expo Curriculum
JA Virtual Career Expo consists of four in-class lessons—three prior to the Career Exploration Fair and one reflection activity afterward.
Session 1: Careers and Personality
Session 2: Industry Research
Session 3: Do You Have the Skills?
JA virtual Career Expo
Exhibitors include colleges, universities, trade schools, apprenticeship programs, companies, local law enforcement and public safety organizations from throughout Western Massachusetts.